Tangerine: A special 5.10%* interest rate on new deposits to Savings/TFSA/RRSP account from Sep 5 to Nov 30, 2024 | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine: A special 5.10%* interest rate on new deposits to Savings/TFSA/RRSP account from Sep 5 to Nov 30, 2024
September 9, 2024
8:31 pm
usephrase
Members
Forum Posts: 29
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Tangerine changed on hold policy. Now on-hold fund can not be moved between your own Tangerine accounts anymore.
Luckily, my on-hold amount is not much.

September 14, 2024
7:49 am
malquin
Members
Forum Posts: 43

smayer97 said

Agreed that the better choice, and the ultimate conclusion to take away from this part of the discussion, is to always have GICs mature in a chequing account to increase your chance of qualifying for future promos.

My point was simply to make folks aware that even that is not a 100% guarantee of qualifying, though the odds are significantly higher, based on the current track record.  

I noticed that it is possible to change the expiration instructions online for a Tangerine GIC so I switched the account where to deposit the money + interest from savings to checking. I'll then move the money manually to my savings account.
Hope this amount will be counted as new money for the promo interest rate, especially when Tangerine just lowered their 1y rate from 4.6% to 4.2%.

September 14, 2024
5:42 pm
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 328

It has worked in the past to mature a GIC to chequing, then transfer into HISA.
It should all be there in the legal fine print, it has been in the past.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.