GIC Rates increased for 3,4,5 year terms @ 5% | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
GIC Rates increased for 3,4,5 year terms @ 5%
May 26, 2024
5:53 pm
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1129
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Norman1 said
Tangerine did just that end of April, just before a targeted offer was to end on April 30.

Reported here and also discussed in Tangerine continues the high interest promo till July 31?.  

Thanks. New experience for me.

Question: Did Tang honour the extension?

May 28, 2024
5:20 am
COIN
Members

"We’ll email you the details when you can ‘Activate’ your offer to earn an exclusive rate of 5.75% interest."

Still waiting for this email as of May 28, 2024.

May 28, 2024
7:09 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6998

Yes, Tangerine sent an activation e-mail for the extension a few days after the original offer expired.

In your case, I would not expect to see the email until the first few days of June.

May 30, 2024
7:03 am
COIN
Members

COIN said
"We’ll email you the details when you can ‘Activate’ your offer to earn an exclusive rate of 5.75% interest."

Still waiting for this email as of May 28, 2024.  

May 30th, still no email. Called and was offered a rate that was south of 5%.

June 3, 2024
12:03 pm
Rhino
Members
Forum Posts: 20

Just waiting. No one at Tangerine seems to know anything about this. I was promised 5.25% from the last expiry of Promotional Rate May 31, 2024 to August 31, 2024. No "Activation" email, banner or Inbox. Very wierd! An Associate claims that it will come and be retroactive to the last expiry; however every other Associate after that has no idea. I had to lodge a complaint to listen to the recording...and now this may take anywhere from days to weeks, etc. Not the same Tangerine as I am used to after 25+ years as a customer (ING Direct).

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.