New Simplii HISA Offer: 5.5% on new deposits - ends November 15, 2024 | Page 2 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New Simplii HISA Offer: 5.5% on new deposits - ends November 15, 2024
August 12, 2024
6:28 pm
Hmm
Members
Forum Posts: 140
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I check my account regularly and I only received the notification via app yesterday. I haven't had any offers from Simplii in a long time. I moved all my money from Tangerine to Simplii for (now) since Tangerine are being a*****s. They provided my spouse a 5.75% offer and they only offered me 4.25%.

August 18, 2024
3:47 pm
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 328

Wow Simplii added 2 new services! It's a miracle.
They will pay interest monthly, AND if you check the offer page it says Activated with a check-mark!
It's no longer a secret whether or not it got activated. That looks to be the first service improvement in Simpii, maybe since forever.

August 18, 2024
10:35 pm
Hmm
Members
Forum Posts: 140

InterestThis said
Wow Simplii added 2 new services! It's a miracle.
They will pay interest monthly, AND if you check the offer page it says Activated with a check-mark!
It's no longer a secret whether or not it got activated. That looks to be the first service improvement in Simpii, maybe since forever.  

I agree. I suppose they [finally] took into consideration feedback from customers who had very little to no balances in their accounts. But I wouldn't be surprised if they start adding fees for services that are currently included.

August 19, 2024
2:01 am
dickyran333
Members
Forum Posts: 70

A Simplii CSR mentioned that they allow linking to an external bank account but only for CAD accounts. For their USD HISA, Simplii offers two ways to withdraw funds: get a USD draft (charges apply) or convert USD into CAD or another currency to be wire transferred abroad. When I mentioned that I would link my USD HISA at another bank with my Simplii USD HISA and then pull funds out of Simplii, the CSR mentioned that such a transaction may get blocked.

Has anyone linked their Tangerine USD HISA with Simplii USD HISA and then pushed and pulled funds from Tangerine side?

I don't think there would be any issues, but just want to make sure the link would work. I'm reluctant to fund my newly opened Simplii USD HISA if I can't pull the funds back to Tangerine.

August 19, 2024
4:55 am
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 323

dickyran333 said
A Simplii CSR mentioned that they allow linking to an external bank account but only for CAD accounts. For their USD HISA, Simplii offers two ways to withdraw funds: get a USD draft (charges apply) or convert USD into CAD or another currency to be wire transferred abroad. When I mentioned that I would link my USD HISA at another bank with my Simplii USD HISA and then pull funds out of Simplii, the CSR mentioned that such a transaction may get blocked.

Has anyone linked their Tangerine USD HISA with Simplii USD HISA and then pushed and pulled funds from Tangerine side?

I don't think there would be any issues, but just want to make sure the link would work. I'm reluctant to fund my newly opened Simplii USD HISA if I can't pull the funds back to Tangerine.  

No, you can't link Simplii USD from Tangerine as I mentioned in this forum two weeks ago (https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/forum/simplii-financial/failed-to-link-usd-account-from-tangerine/). When I tried to make the link, I got the following email:

"You recently added a new external account to link to your Tangerine Account(s), and to set up the link, we needed to deposit two small amounts of money into that external account. However, your other bank returned the deposits to us, due to an issue with the account."

August 19, 2024
7:10 am
InterestThis
Members
September 3, 2024
6:12 am
InterestThis
Members

Fair play on Simplii, they do show that you are enrolled in the offer now inside the account.
And they do payout bonus interest just after the 1st of each month so you can calculate it. So those are 2 improvements.

September 4, 2024
11:31 am
Patch002
Members
Forum Posts: 82

InterestThis said
Fair play on Simplii, they do show that you are enrolled in the offer now inside the account.
And they do payout bonus interest just after the 1st of each month so you can calculate it. So those are 2 improvements.  

My spouse, my son & I all received our August promo interest on Sept 3rd. My daughter did not. Checking her account, the offer page indicates "Activated" however she did not recall accepting the offer nor receive an "Enrolled" email. Tried calling in but the wait time is in excess of 30 minutes.
I seem to recall reading somewhere earlier that if you did not get an Enrolled email, then you're not enrolled.
We're going to plead our case (cause the offer page says "Activated") but don't hold out much hope. In the interim, we pulled all her funds out of SF HISA and into Tangerine's offer. Live and learn.

Next time, we'll accept the offer, wait for Enrolled email, then wait until the end of the month before depositing some funds into SF's HISA, then check the following month for Promo interest. If everything's ok, then might deposit more funds.

September 4, 2024
2:51 pm
InterestThis
Members

The offer email was delayed for a few days I recall. I called in to verify the start date, and also screenshot a chat confirmation of the start date.

September 5, 2024
11:16 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 7015

The "You're enrolled!" e-mail is not required. However, the e-mail identifies the Simplii HISA's that are enrolled in the 5½% offer:

Simplii Financial™ July 31, 2024 to November 15, 2024 Promotional Savings Rate Offer 5.50% for Existing HISAs

How to Enrol in the Offer

… Following enrolment, you will receive an email confirming the Eligible HISAs that are enrolled in the Offer. For clarity, any new HISAs opened during the Offer Period [between July 31, 2024 and November 15, 2024 at 11:59 PM UTC] by invited clients are ineligible for this Offer.

You should make sure you are contributing to an Eligible HISA that is enrolled in the Offer based on the account identified in the enrolment confirmation email. Deposits made to an account that is not enrolled will not be eligible for the Offer.

The enrolled accounts are identified by the last four digits of their account number.

September 13, 2024
1:11 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 238

I made a deposit on 20 August 2024.
I received interest for August 2024 as follows:
Regular interest on 28 August and;
Bonus Interest on 3 September.

The total of these 2 interest amounts appears to only cover the period 20 to 28 August (instead of 31 August), inclusive.

Can anyone else confirm this?

September 13, 2024
1:47 pm
rk
Members
Forum Posts: 77

Hi Lodown, I am on the 6.25% offer, as a new client. My experience is the same as yours and apparently this is done by design. Your next interest payment is supposed to start with Aug. 29, so you do not lose any interest. For more details, please see post# 32 here: https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/forum/simplii-financial/new-client-offer-earn-6-25-for-153-days/page-2/

September 13, 2024
10:03 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 7015

I'm on the Simplii 5½% offer for new deposits. My August interest payment was also made August 28. Yes, the payment was for the month ending and including August 28 (not for calendar month of August).

Simplii has not been paying interest by calendar months as far back as late 2017.

September 14, 2024
7:10 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1112

Many, many financial institutions have month-ends that are not at calendar month ends. VanCity used to (or maybe still does?) and Coast Capital does, at least.

RetirEd

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.