New Simplii HISA Offer: 5.5% on new deposits - ends November 15, 2024 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New Simplii HISA Offer: 5.5% on new deposits - ends November 15, 2024
August 1, 2024
8:53 am
dickyran333
Members
Forum Posts: 70
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just received Simplii's HISA offer through email
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save big for life's little moments. Earn 5.5% interest† on eligible new deposits with your High Interest Savings Account. Offer ends November 15, 2024.

† This special interest rate offer is available starting on July 31, 2024 and ending on November 15, 2024 at 11:59 pm UTC (the “Offer Period”), by invitation only, to primary account holders of a Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account opened before the Offer Period (an “Eligible HISA”). Account holders must enroll their Eligible HISAs in the offer through online banking or by contacting Simplii Financial.

The special annual interest rate of 5.50% is a combination of regular annual interest rate (“Regular Interest”) and promotional annual interest rate (“Promotional Interest”) set by Simplii Financial. Any change to the Regular Interest will result in a corresponding change to the Promotional Interest so that the overall special annual interest rate will remain 5.50% from the date of enrolment until the end of the Offer Period.

August 1, 2024
9:39 am
MarkFog
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 82

Absolutely incredible. I haven't used my Simplii account in years. Today, I received a 5.75% US savings account offer from Simplii. But, I have not received any HISA (CAN $) offers from them for probably 6 years. I had called them to take the existing savings account out of dormancy back in April. The rep at the time said the winter promotion just ended and to expect something with the next month.

Anybody else been getting the cold shoulder?

August 1, 2024
11:59 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3990

I got this offer but only on our joint HISA (I'm primary), not on my own HISA.

Spouse received same offer but only on her own HISA.

Read My Offers closely.

August 1, 2024
1:22 pm
dickyran333
Members

A couple of hours ago I also received the 5.75% USD HISA offer in another email:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earn 5.75% interest on eligible deposits for a limited time†

Make the most of your savings in USD. Transfer funds to your USD Savings Account and earn 5.75% interest† on eligible deposits up to $500,000.

Hurry, this offer ends November 30, 2024.

August 1, 2024
1:51 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3990

Despite my post 3 I just got confirming emails indicating both my accounts, not just the joint one, are covered by this promo. My Offers still indicates it's just the joint one.

August 1, 2024
5:13 pm
usephrase
Members
Forum Posts: 29

dickyran333 said
A couple of hours ago I also received the 5.75% USD HISA offer in another email:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earn 5.75% interest on eligible deposits for a limited time†

Make the most of your savings in USD. Transfer funds to your USD Savings Account and earn 5.75% interest† on eligible deposits up to $500,000.

Hurry, this offer ends November 30, 2024.  

Most of banks charge you 2.5% administration fee to convert from CAD to USD, charge you another 2.5% to convert from USD to CAD. I do not know if Simplii charges you or not.

August 2, 2024
4:11 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2960

Mine is 5% only…

August 2, 2024
5:55 am
mordko
Members
Forum Posts: 922

I got 5% as well.

Not accepting yet - my Tang 5.5% promo runs till the end of August.

August 2, 2024
10:05 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 235

Just received my confirming email, that I am enrolled for 5.0% until Nov 15
(New money after July 29 closing balance)
If their base rate goes down, they will top up promo rate to keep it at 5%
Promo interest will be paid by 2nd business day each month

August 2, 2024
4:24 pm
kesa
Members
Forum Posts: 222
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

I got 5% offer CAD funds, 5.75% offer USD funds

August 3, 2024
1:01 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 7015

Bill said
Despite my post 3 I just got confirming emails indicating both my accounts, not just the joint one, are covered by this promo. My Offers still indicates it's just the joint one.

Could be just a limitation of the tile under "My Offers". The tile may only show the last four account digits of one of enrolled accounts instead of that of all the enrolled accounts.

The fine print of the 5½% offer does allow for more than one account to be enrolled:

How to Enrol in the Offer

If a client wishes to participate in the Offer, the primary account holder must enroll during the Offer Period by (i) accepting the offer through online banking, or (ii) calling us to complete enrolment. Following enrolment, you will receive an email confirming the Eligible HISAs that are enrolled in the Offer. …

Could add $100 to each account and see if an extra 30¢ to 40¢ of interest shows up next month.

August 3, 2024
2:27 pm
mustang
Members

kesa said
I got 5% offer CAD funds, 5.75% offer USD funds  

I only go the 5% CAD-- not the 5.75% USD
I called in today, in the hope I might be eligible-- but no dice
I am curious now, if maybe the reason I didn't get the USD offer, is because I do not have a USD account at this point
Did anyone get the 5.75% USD offer, who did NOT have a USD account open?
Thanks

August 3, 2024
2:38 pm
Wrayzor
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 85

mustang said
Thanks  

Yes, I did.

August 3, 2024
4:56 pm
mustang
Members

Thanks, Wrayzor
I was thinking that maybe I should open up a USD account, just in case, for a scenario like this
I guess not

August 6, 2024
10:20 am
JPenterprise
Members
Forum Posts: 52

Called Simplii before opening USD a/c, found out there is no such feature to get an external link to the USD a/c. In order to add USD to your a/c, you have to transfer your CAD to USD. By the time you want your USD out, you have to do Wire transfer or transfer USD to CAD then transfer to your external link. Really no good of Simplii USD a/c.

August 6, 2024
2:58 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 238

Have not used Simplii in years. How does one link an external account to Simplii these days?

August 7, 2024
4:22 am
Norman1
Members

Simplii still has an online form (at Transfers ► Bank to Bank Transfers) to request a link to the external account. The form gathers the institution, transit, and account numbers.

Then, a mailing address is provided for one to mail a real cheque that has been voided or a stamped account confirmation form to Simplii to confirm the account.

August 7, 2024
8:05 pm
dickyran333
Members

mustang said

I only go the 5% CAD-- not the 5.75% USD
I called in today, in the hope I might be eligible-- but no dice
I am curious now, if maybe the reason I didn't get the USD offer, is because I do not have a USD account at this point
Thanks  

I received the 5.75% USD offer without having an active USD savings account at Simplii. So after I enrolled into my CAD offer, I called Simplii to understand what I'm supposed to do to get their USD offer on a new USD account. The CSR told me that I can't get the offer as I don't have an existing USD account.

I later spoke with their CS Manager who investigated this and told me that in October 2022 I had initiated a new account application for their USD HISA, but the application didn't get through correctly into their system. Their backoffice tried to reach me by phone and mail but I didn't get back to them on this. She has emailed their Marketing team to see if I am eligible for the promotional offer since my USD account was not properly opened back then. Awaiting their reply...

August 7, 2024
8:25 pm
Norman1
Members

One doesn't need to have a Simplii USD savings account open to receive the 5.75% offer. I didn't and I received the offer.

The fine print says accounts open during the Offer Period are eligible too:

For Eligible USD Savings Accounts opened before the Offer Period [between August 1, 2024 and November 30, 2024], to participate in the Offer, the primary account holder must enroll during the Offer Period by accepting the offer through digital banking to complete enrolment.

Eligible USD Savings Accounts opened during the Offer Period will be automatically enrolled in the Offer.

August 8, 2024
8:08 pm
dickyran333
Members

Norman1 said
One doesn't need to have a Simplii USD savings account open to receive the 5.75% offer. I didn't and I received the offer.

The fine print says accounts open during the Offer Period are eligible too:

For Eligible USD Savings Accounts opened before the Offer Period [between August 1, 2024 and November 30, 2024], to participate in the Offer, the primary account holder must enroll during the Offer Period by accepting the offer through digital banking to complete enrolment.

Eligible USD Savings Accounts opened during the Offer Period will be automatically enrolled in the Offer.

I had mentioned this (eligibility even on new USD account) to the CS Manager but she still wanted to confirm with their Marketing team. Today I was informed I'm eligible and I opened their USD account. She enrolled me in the promotion.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.