New client deposit earn 5.75% for 120 days | Motive Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New client deposit earn 5.75% for 120 days
September 23, 2024
10:57 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1240
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Special offer, 5.75% for 120D, available until November 30, 2024 for eligible new clients. Terms and conditions apply. See full terms and conditions below.

Effective date: September 23, 2024.

I am not new to Motive. You may help fill-in the details if you journey thru this 🙂

September 23, 2024
11:02 am
hwyc
GTA
Members

Also on a different note (via their email). Until Oct 31st, refer a friend to Motive and you'll both receive a $100 e-gift card!

September 23, 2024
12:40 pm
JohnnyCash
Members
Forum Posts: 332

I'm impressed with how Motive has started think outside the box with new ideas and promotions. Where it all ends up going should be interesting considering the proposed National Bank merger.

September 23, 2024
3:45 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 239

Anyone care to speculate on whether one's spouse would qualify as a new account for this promo?
(Assuming she is your friend, of course)

September 23, 2024
8:45 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 874

No need to speculate. They are treated like any other person. If he/she never had an account, they are treated as a new client.

September 24, 2024
8:30 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 239

smayer97 said
No need to speculate. They are treated like any other person. If he/she never had an account, they are treated as a new client.  

Merci!

September 24, 2024
9:15 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 2076

And there's also this email from Motive 2day . . .

"Show your friends why a Motive Savvy Savings® account is the (gift) that keeps on giving.
    Refer a friend to Motive and you'll both receive a $100 e-gift card!
    Until October 31, 2024, when you refer a new-to-Motive friend – and they open a Motive Savvy Savings® Account – you'll each receive a $100 e-gift card¹ of your choice. Choose your gift card from a variety of businesses including Air Canada, Amazon, Lululemon, and pre-paid credit cards!
    Click here to start referring!"

Now that ain't shabby, either !

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

September 25, 2024
1:38 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1129

These pre-paid gift cards from particular merchants are a sleaze. They get them for free (or in some cases for next to nothing) from the merchant to force you to buy from them. I constantly run into outfits trying to "pay" me for surveys, subscriptions, parking rebates and the like with cards I have no use for. Most often Amazon and Starbucks.

RetirEd

September 25, 2024
8:37 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 2076

But RetirEd ... I think you missed the last bit . . .

" ... and pre-paid credit cards!". You can spend those, almost Anywhere. sf-smile

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

September 26, 2024
7:45 am
RetirEd
Members

Dean: Perhaps, but that was what the issuers called them - for example, "A pre-paid credit card from Amazon."

They may be actual pre-paid credit cards, but if so why would Motive be issuing "gift cards" when any client might be able to the non-bespoke cards wherever they wanted to? The affiliate discount/freebie is what likely what makes Motive want to use them.

I'm not a Motive member and I would never load a bank's smartphone app (and don't have one) - anyone else want to check up on this? I will admit to being cynical about this due to past experience.

RetirEd

September 26, 2024
9:21 am
JohnnyCash
Members

From the Referral T&C's:

Upon making a Valid Referral, you will receive via email a $100 digital gift card (of your choosing) from Tango Card, Inc. and your Friend(s) will receive via email a $100 digital gift card (of their choosing) from Tango Card, Inc. (collectively, the “Rewards”) after the 60-day period. You can earn a maximum of $3,000 in gift cards per year. The Rewards may be redeemed in various forms in Motive's sole discretion. Restrictions may apply. For example, there may be a limitation on the number of referrals you can make, or if the reward is in the form of a gift card, gift certificate or voucher, it may be subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions. Rewards are subject to verification. Motive may delay a reward for the purposes of investigation. Motive may also refuse to verify and process any transaction for any reason.

The Tango Card Inc website:

https://www.tangocard.com/reward-catalog?rewardcountries=CA&rewardcategory=gift+card

Draw your own conclusions.

In other somewhat related news, the Competition Bureau today approved National Bank's acquisition of CWB.

September 26, 2024
10:46 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 7074

Merchant-specific cards are usually called gift cards and not prepaid credit cards.

Prepaid credit cards are those prepaid MasterCards, prepaid Visa cards, or prepaid AMEX cards that can be used at different merchants.

Tango Card has three prepaid credit cards in its catalog: US$ prepaid MasterCard, US$ prepaid Visa, and C$ prepaid MasterCard.

September 26, 2024
12:06 pm
JohnnyCash
Members

I was poking around the Motive website and also after logging in. What I noticed is that it's no longer possible to open a chequing account. If you already have it, you're grandfathered. With the recent changes to the Savvy Savings account, it's not an issue, other than if you need cheques.

September 26, 2024
10:28 pm
RetirEd
Members

Aha - another clue! If one has to log into the Tango website, they get the benefit of collecting and selling your information.

No free lunch on the web.

RetirEd

October 3, 2024
10:00 am
Top Dogg
Members
Forum Posts: 127

hwyc said
Also on a different note (via their email). Until Oct 31st, refer a friend to Motive and you'll both receive a $100 e-gift card!  

If I sign up for this promotional offer from Motive today would I qualify for this refer a friend offer until October 31st or do I have to have a Motive Account prior to this 5.75% for 120 days offer came out? Also, what kind of $100 E-Gift Cards are they offering for referring a friend? Has anyone received a $100 E-Gift Card from Motive yet?

Thanks,
TD

October 3, 2024
4:24 pm
jorno319
Members
Forum Posts: 26

Dean said
And there's also this email from Motive 2day . . .

"Show your friends why a Motive Savvy Savings® account is the (gift) that keeps on giving.
    Refer a friend to Motive and you'll both receive a $100 e-gift card!
    Until October 31, 2024, when you refer a new-to-Motive friend – and they open a Motive Savvy Savings® Account – you'll each receive a $100 e-gift card¹ of your choice. Choose your gift card from a variety of businesses including Air Canada, Amazon, Lululemon, and pre-paid credit cards!
    Click here to start referring!"

Now that ain't shabby, either !

Dean

Are there any conditions to be met when opening an account via a referral? ie. minimum deposit, minimum maintained balance for X days, account must remain open X days, etc.

Thanks

October 3, 2024
5:43 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members

Make a friend first. Then ask your friend. What I don't know is if only a targeted group of Motive clients were vested with that power (via email) ... I can't find the detail openly on Motive site.

Hope that helps.

October 4, 2024
7:47 am
Top Dogg
Members

hwyc said
Make a friend first. Then ask your friend. What I don't know is if only a targeted group of Motive clients were vested with that power (via email) ... I can't find the detail openly on Motive site.

Hope that helps.  

Hi hwyc,

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "Make a friend first. Then ask your friend."? I was going to call them today to find out if I would qualify for the $100 E-Gift Card promotional offer if I signed up for a Motive Savvy Savings Account today or if it's just exclusive for existing Motive members/clients.

October 5, 2024
5:41 am
cchou
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Just curious if Motive has cleaned up its slower customer service and somewhat antiquated account open/mgmt processes? I was reading the prior posts from Fall 2023 but wanted to get insight of how things may be (hopefully better) now.

Definitely looking for a smooth open and eventual withdrawal process on the HISA! sf-laugh

October 5, 2024
12:50 pm
Top Dogg
Members

cchou said
Just curious if Motive has cleaned up its slower customer service and somewhat antiquated account open/mgmt processes? I was reading the prior posts from Fall 2023 but wanted to get insight of how things may be (hopefully better) now.

Definitely looking for a smooth open and eventual withdrawal process on the HISA! sf-laugh  

Hi cchou,

Thanks for the heads up. I called them yesterday and got through immediately to a CSR. I also called in the afternoon. I'm most likely gonna sign up for a Savvy Savings Account next week. I'll keep you posted on the process.

Thanks,
TD

Please write your comments in the forum.