Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022 | Page 3 | General comparisons | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tandia Wonderfulrate - new money in new HISA account earn 3% until March 31st 2022
December 7, 2021
2:15 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9374
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Basically, Tandia can do anything it wants. The T&C make it clear that they can make any changes. Many offers are like this, alas. Tandia is a small CU and they can't afford to get over-extended.

When DUCA pulled back on a similar offer, they cut the rate, but that was in an environment of falling rates. The worst of it was that they did not provide any notification of rate change. You would have had to have been checking it every day to avoid unexpected losses.

December 7, 2021
3:34 pm
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 993

Loonie said ........Does anyone know if they are set up for online cheque deposits, and, if so, can you deposit cheque larger than 50k?  

Android app download link

IOS app download link

I don't know the answer to your question about maximum check amounts (yet).

Stephen

December 8, 2021
5:50 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2967

Nehpets said

Android app download link

IOS app download link

I don't know the answer to your question about maximum check amounts (yet).

Stephen  

My experiences at other CUs are much higher amount checks (edeposit) are allowed. They will hold it for a few days and you wont earn any interest is my understanding. Unlike linked FI while the fund is on hold, you will earn interest the main difference.

But yeah be mindful the me-to-me transfer limit is small. Other CUs are similar

December 8, 2021
10:05 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 7078

According to their FAQ, the Me2Me transfer limits are as follows:

• The per transaction/daily outgoing transfer limit is $10,000. The per transaction/daily incoming transfer limit is also $10,000.
  • Total Outgoing in 7 day period - $50,000; Total Incoming in 7 day period - $50,000.
  • Total Outgoing in 31 day period - $100,000; Total Incoming in 31 day period - $100,000.

Their Tiered Interest Savings account supports pre-authorized debits. $1.50 each. One could be opened now and a link to it set up at another financial institution.

In April, the special HISA will be closed out and the funds will be transferred to it. The funds could then be pulled out from the other financial institution.

December 8, 2021
12:23 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 651

For larger transfers in or out, phone your branch or customer contact centre and they will arrange the larger transfer with you quite quickly.

December 8, 2021
12:37 pm
HISAhopper
Members
Forum Posts: 189

Norman1 said
According to their FAQ, the Me2Me transfer limits are as follows:

• The per transaction/daily outgoing transfer limit is $10,000. The per transaction/daily incoming transfer limit is also $10,000.
  • Total Outgoing in 7 day period - $50,000; Total Incoming in 7 day period - $50,000.
  • Total Outgoing in 31 day period - $100,000; Total Incoming in 31 day period - $100,000.

Their Tiered Interest Savings account supports pre-authorized debits. $1.50 each. One could be opened now and a link to it set up at another financial institution.

In April, the special HISA will be closed out and the funds will be transferred to it. The funds could then be pulled out from the other financial institution.  

If the fund is pulled out from the other FI, is it only $10K per transaction? that is $1.5x10=$15 for $100k pull.
if one phones in to Tandia center and do a large withdrawal , like GR said above, that is probably better as it is only cost $1.5.

December 8, 2021
12:38 pm
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 993

Loonie said Does anyone know if they are set up for online cheque deposits, and, if so, can you deposit cheque larger than 50k?  

Part 1 re: mobile check deposit apps answered HERE

Part 2: According to CSR spoken to today, there is no limit to the amount of a check deposited using mobile deposit app...only subject to hold until funds clear.

Stephen

December 8, 2021
4:46 pm
Parsimonious
Alberta/BC
Members
Forum Posts: 16

Hi All,

Open to Ontario residents only. Was denied access with an Alberta address the day after the online application process was completed.

Thank you, Bill

December 8, 2021
6:31 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 7078

HISAhopper said

If the fund is pulled out from the other FI, is it only $10K per transaction? that is $1.5x10=$15 for $100k pull.
if one phones in to Tandia center and do a large withdrawal , like GR said above, that is probably better as it is only cost $1.5.

That would depend on whether or not the other FI will allow a $100,000 pull.

Those Tandia limits are for Me2Me transactions originated at Tandia.

I agree. It would be better to call Tandia and do a large push from Tandia. Tandia could reject a large $100,000 pre-authorized debit from another FI as possibly fraudulent.

Someone wrote that Tangerine did just that with two $100,000 pulls.

December 9, 2021
6:40 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1129

Nehpets said
only subject to hold until funds clear.
Stephen  

Does the held funds still earn 3% interest during the hold period? Hopefully yes.

December 9, 2021
11:31 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Norman1 said

HISAhopper said

That would depend on whether or not the other FI will allow a $100,000 pull.

Those Tandia limits are for Me2Me transactions originated at Tandia.

I agree. It would be better to call Tandia and do a large push from Tandia. Tandia could reject a large $100,000 pre-authorized debit from another FI as possibly fraudulent.

Someone wrote that Tangerine did just that with two $100,000 pulls.  

That’s one of the reasons I never originate a large amount pull, I always push so the FI losing the deposit can’t cancel the request for whatever reason,

December 10, 2021
5:56 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Has anyone opened an account this week and have it fully setup including online access etc ?

December 10, 2021
7:15 am
HISAhopper
Members

savemoresaveoften said
Has anyone opened an account this week and have it fully setup including online access etc ?  

I had it setup and money already pulled in with Tandia help in pre-authorized payment and it is sitting in the tier saving account.
I am not sure why it is not in the wonderfulrate account as a small started fund already in there, maybe they will move it in later in the day, will see (I tried to move it myself but failed)
I still can't access my account from their site for a few days already but mobile app works.
Looks like there is problem with the site, it showed my account with 3 digits prefix the member id the other day (which was wrong). The agent sent me a 3 pages docusign but only one page got thru, I had to print it out signed it and attached to email.
My next step is to link the Tandia account at Tang site.

December 10, 2021
7:41 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 971

HISAhopper said
I had it setup and money already pulled in with Tandia help in pre-authorized payment and it is sitting in the tier saving account.
I am not sure why it is not in the wonderfulrate account as a small started fund already in there, maybe they will move it in later in the day, will see (I tried to move it myself but failed)
I still can't access my account from their site for a few days already but mobile app works.
Looks like there is problem with the site, it showed my account with 3 digits prefix the member id the other day (which was wrong). The agent sent me a 3 pages docusign but only one page got thru, I had to print it out signed it and attached to email.

Yup - another CU with clunky procedures - a lot of manual intervention required by the CU.
and
Yup - unable to access their site from a PC. Not sure what the issue is.

December 10, 2021
8:14 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

thanks for letting me know that mobile app actually works, that's weird.
When I try to access using browser on both desktop or ipad, it will crap out before even asking for 2-step verification.

It appears it requires a manual effort to move money into the wonderrate acct, similar to the Duca earn more savings process.
Maybe this way they force a human to track the money and a reminder for sales call etc.

December 10, 2021
8:24 am
HISAhopper
Members

HISAhopper said

Update: The full amount was recently moved from Tiered savings to wonderful saving account showing 3% and indeed the system shows the full account number has 12 digits (the 2 reps were surprised about the prefix when I asked) and the 2 micro-deposits from Tang got thru as well.
Now waiting for the link to Tang at Tandia site in case I want to push out a large amount on April 1.

December 10, 2021
8:25 am
Iminterested
Members
Forum Posts: 22

I opened an account successfully within 2 days of submitting my on-line application and calling the Call Centre. I moved money in by filling out a PAD with a digital signature. The SR I spoke with said you can not move money into this account on your own, it must be done by a Tandia SR. She also said a PAD had no holds and could be moved in the fastest. The deposit I made was put into the tiered SA first, then moved in to the Wonderful Savings account later that day. I too, can not access my account via a PC but can see the details through the app on my phone. The other tid bit I was told by the service rep when I asked about moving larger than Me2Me maximums, was that you can phone the Call Centre and they will put it through. Also, if you do it with the eVest Savings account, there will be no fee.

December 10, 2021
5:06 pm
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 239

I'll summarize my own experience this week
At first I fought with getting through login/password (they call it PAC)
They require a special character as part of the password. I was convinced that a period was a special character-- but not true here. Finally got around that-- my bad, it is actually spelled out on the website, if I had taken the time to read more carefully

Once through that hurdle, they sent me e-doc to sign. That basically went ok. But I then ran into the website block. Csr suggested using tablet-- and that works fine. (Go figure!)

That left me with the issue of getting the funds into the new account. I spoke with my agent-- pretty nice they actually assign an individual to one's account.
She finally suggested I just write a check on my TD account, and then use the app to deposit into the Tier account she set up for me. She promised to move it to the 3% account by end of day today, and she was as good as her word.
Tonight, I was even able to get in via my laptop

I'm a little concerned about how I'll get the funds out March 31, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm pretty confident I can phone my account manager, and figure out the best plan that way

Being of a paranoid nature, I was almost sure that they would close down this promo early-- pretty clearly, they are totally swamped with new customers, and I suspect that's what has killed their website.

All in all, happy that I was able to get this all taken care of within a few days

December 10, 2021
7:43 pm
co
Members
Forum Posts: 71

mustang said
I'll summarize my own experience this week
At first I fought with getting through login/password (they call it PAC)
They require a special character as part of the password. I was convinced that a period was a special character-- but not true here. Finally got around that-- my bad, it is actually spelled out on the website, if I had taken the time to read more carefully

Once through that hurdle, they sent me e-doc to sign. That basically went ok. But I then ran into the website block. Csr suggested using tablet-- and that works fine. (Go figure!)

That left me with the issue of getting the funds into the new account. I spoke with my agent-- pretty nice they actually assign an individual to one's account.
She finally suggested I just write a check on my TD account, and then use the app to deposit into the Tier account she set up for me. She promised to move it to the 3% account by end of day today, and she was as good as her word.
Tonight, I was even able to get in via my laptop

I'm a little concerned about how I'll get the funds out March 31, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm pretty confident I can phone my account manager, and figure out the best plan that way

Being of a paranoid nature, I was almost sure that they would close down this promo early-- pretty clearly, they are totally swamped with new customers, and I suspect that's what has killed their website.

All in all, happy that I was able to get this all taken care of within a few days  

Similar experience. Seems like they are quite overwhelmed. Online process seems to be very well designed but somehow still requires a lot of manual intervention.

December 11, 2021
6:36 am
Bobbyjet11
Members
Forum Posts: 67

I'm in the process of rushing to set up a HI account with Tandia. To date, I have been impressed by their well-organized website and procedures to register a new account as well as their responsive customer service. They are currently having technical problems that is delaying my first sign-on however ... so we'll see.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.